Project Hero

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abandoning Project Hero

Imhero
    Imhero
    Administrator
    Administrator

Heroic Points : 357

Abandoning Project Hero Empty Abandoning Project Hero

Post  Imhero Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Hello, This is the coder and support for project hero, hybrid pvp v3. I brought to everyone all the updates introduced after the initial launch of hybrid PVP v3. It's been about a year of constant fixes and updates. I've put ALOT of work into the source and like all of you, hate to see it leave but there are issues, hundreds of issues, that are overwhelming and pending for correction. At this point it will be more important for the prosperity of the server to switch from a outdated and broken client to a new, mostly corrected and clean client&source.

When I started the Hybrid Pvp source it was one of the best but now, after the progress of RSPS sources became almost obsolete compared to other servers. When we look toward progress of our client we see, oftentimes, new characters that would never log back in after first impression to the server. I can accurately conclude the probability of new members coming back to be dedicated members of the server is less then 15%, which is alot less than one year ago and alot less for other RSPSs elsewhere.

I know, being the victim of real RS with EOC, that changing the game dramatically is not always the best decision or the popular one. It won't be the same game you spent your time and energy improving on, and we will have alot of people against the decisions but I promise, I will stay within the better interest of you, and the server long-term. This is, in fact, the best for the server long term, the best for the majority of people, and the best for further improvements and accessibly to you with a fixed client and other server enhancements, including better graphics!

Within the next 2-30 days we will be deciding on a new server, and a new client to work on. Me and Phat will be working on choosing the best server for the job. In the meantime, the current hybrid pvp will continue to run, but after the time when we find a new server we will replace the current server with the new one. For everyone wishing to be back up to date with levels and donor status, you will message me your old username and password and I will spend the time manually converting your levels. SO, besides for people who previously donated to server, you will only be able to convert ONE account per forum account.

If you read this all, thank you.

Sincerely,
    Imhero

PS> For questions/comments/concerns or suggestions use the appropriate section in the forums.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:29 am